I'm sure you have begun to identify the signs of joblessness, idleness, and whole category of other "ness's". If not.. C'mon! You can't be thaaat dumb!
Contrary to the lighter vein of the above two crappy lines, the actual...ummm....'vein' isn't that light at all. It is heavy, dark, silent, and an entire assortment of negative vibes. In view of my characterization of the shady dark 'vein', you are probably expecting the pessimist and the cry baby in me to reveal itself. But hey people! What you don't know is that OPTIMISM is my middle name. I have this abundant, undepletable, unfinishable excess of optimism.
I'll give you a few examples that reveal my excessively high 'optimism quotient' or OQ .............
- I've done my B Tech in the borrrringest subject on earth ( atleast the B Tech in the subject is horrifying). I've done my fair share of complaining. But the question here is, do I point my finger at people and yell at them ,"You're the cause of this muck of pigshit I'm stuck with?" . NO...!
See.. Optimism at work here.
I'll definitely become the greatest person to walk the face of this planet one day.
If you look real close, you can also see the strains of CONVICTION along with the optimism.
- My friend A got a 90 something in her CAT ( I mean a 95-above something). She was devastated. She very nearly reached the brink of a nervous breakdown. She also touched depression. She applied and applied and applied and applied to a whole bunch of top B-schools across the country ( I mean India, moron!...just in case you're wondering!). Rejected time and time again. She was slowly beginning to think like a PESSIMIST.
And that's when a bit of optimism saved her.( Remember...My undepletable sources). It would be unjust of me not to mention a few others..B, C, D, E, F, G and H, whose optimism currents strengthened mine to give A an entire new hope.
A is now at IMT, Ghaziabad. A now harbors endless proportions of Determination, Perseverance ( all multiplied from the initial lease of optimism supplied)....aaaaaand,.....OPTIMISM!.
See.. Optimism at work again!
- C is smart, talented, team player, sufficiently knowledgeable..and everything expected to make a great resume. He doesn't have a job yet. C starts becoming cynical. C becomes defeatist. C gets a small time, small pay job. Still no signs of the OQ.
That's where I come in.
Optimism at work.
C is confident of becoming Manager some day.
- D is also smart, talented, funny, athletic, cute, sweet ... and all the nice adjectives in the world ( believe me.. This guy earns all these adjectives.. I don't pass around nice adjectives unless I mean them).
D is going out with E. E is an amazing girl... cool as hell, smart, talented.... cont : list of above mentioned adjectives.
E is leaving.
D is ravaged... devastated. ( well...so is E ).
And so are all of us.
D- Day is nearing. And the sadness and the depression increases.
You must realize, that I go through all these negative phases too. Optimism helps me to rise above them.
I am still trying to show D and E what a bit of Optimism can do.
In time they will rise too.
- F applied to a whole lot of American and British Universities with me. I didn't get accepted in any for Fall 09 and neither did she.
Optimism saved me here.
Optimism saved her too.
She got her admit in the UK.
I got a UK admit. But chose not to go. Sometimes optimism gets the better of me.
F is leaving tomorrow.
I am devastated.
Everyone's feeling like shit.
Optimism is going to have a field day today!
So step up your OQ's ....!!
A bit of Optimism never hurt anyone.
Quintessential end-of-season blues
7 years ago

3 comments:
optimism is fine OQ is also very good but i do have 2 points of disagreement. 1) WHY is there a clear gender discrimination - when u r dealing with your male friends, u seem to have a million wnderful adjectives available in ENGLISH language while when u r speaking abt ur female friends who have bore with all your optimism and pessimism, you seem to be in a lack of vocabulary. They are just referred to in letters equivalent to jail inmates. May i know the reason my dear fountain of optimism? Secondly, people with high OQ ought to be able to maintain it both in their and others lives, so dear as you have successfully managed to send really pessimistic negative minded low O.Q candidates to IMT Ghaziabad, i would appreciate if you would maintain the same level of optimism in your life too since this same friend would not be available near you to boost your morale when u r down though i seriously dont think you consider her capable of being able to make you optimistic:)Has she ever done so successfully??
seriuosly!!! next time dedicate an entire post to people who have left for IMT. Make sure NOT TO USE just "letters equivalent to jail inmates" and TO USE all the "million wnderful adjectives available in ENGLISH language" to make them HAPPY, at least since they have openly ASKED for it :-D
woah woah woah !!!!!
not bad !!!!!
no gender discrimination here!!!
just my usual higher level of exaggeration at work here...about certain persons who I know can tolerate any magnitude of nonsense from me....
no offense...!!!
Post a Comment