Monday, September 14, 2009

Reflections of a jobless mind

I've always had this really grand dream of getting out there, doing what I must, in the thick of all action, fight for rights, campaign, spread the word around... Bla bla.. Tell people that they are not to live with just their selfish needs in mind.. To help preserve and conserve our trees, forests, flora, fauna, wildlife, marine life... Had great aspirations (I still have them , mind you!) of doing my Masters in Wildlife Biology to execute exactly the 1st three-four lines of this post.

But I never imagined in a million years (make that a zillion) of sitting jobless at home after my graduation, having being rejected for the MS by the universities I applied for (for want of graduate funding they told me). Though my aspirations and dreams are intact, obstacles continue to be hurled in my path... Let me list them out ...Just to be clear on how I could possibly deal with them...............

- obstacle 1 -
I've always thought marriage at the age of 21 was for stupid unambitious girls who failed in all their exams until finally they had nothing else to do but get married (I take pride in the fact that I have a decent amount of intellect with a rather huge dose of ambition and thus don't have to fear an early marriage). Twas only recently it struck me that a lot of smart girls get married (are getting married) at 21. I may not be smart. But I definitely am ambitious (read - my hopes and dreams) and I DEFINITELY do not want to get wed NOW... Nagging family members, friends and relatives should be incinerated at this point of my life (my comfort fantasy each time some butt-head brings up the topic of my marriage).

- obstacle 2 -
My family suddenly realizes I am a girl and that girls should not indulge in stupid fantasies about wildlife conservation and protection. I say 'suddenly' because I have been mouthing this dream since 2nd grade. And c'mon - they conveniently forget this is the 21st century... Heard of equal rights and gender equality?? And how the fuck is anyone going to protect anybody else sitting behind a desk in front of a computer??? (I am supposed to have joined my Infy job [read ; crappy hell of eternal boredom] and pursued my 'dreams and aspirations' as a hobby!! No way!! These guys are mental!

- obstacle 3 -
It still doesn't help that I am still at home, quite jobless, typing in my blog, without a chance of doing an MS this year, vomiting over the very idea of marriage this year or the next (or the next, come to think of it). People tend to think just because a girl finishes her graduation without an iota of shit to do next, she's pining for a macho git to sweep her off her feet.... I told you these guys are mental!

God HELP!!!!

I really hope I get incinerated before these guys drive me mental!!

0 comments: