"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!"
I came across this line in my friend V5's Orkut profile. It kinda grabbed my attention immediately. I mean, I just looked at it, and thought ,"How true!!!".
I pondered over it for a few minutes, and decided to pen down ( well, technically type down) my ponderings..
Let's start with the small things that the smaller, and the bigger, and the elder people do which falls in tune with the magnificent thought-provoking line in question.
--- Smaller people..as in kids OK.!---
- You tell them to lay off chocolates coz they'll land up with worms in their mouth, they'll whack your bottom and tell you to 'go to hell' in kiddie language.
- You advice them to be good and respectful towards elders (in this case 'elders' refers to good ol' me), they're sure to suddenly come out of the blue with some new swanky swear word which I would, in all probability, never have heard of.
- You tell them that lizards and roaches are disgusting, and the next thing you know, the young'un is holding a dead, rotten one in the palm of his lil hand trying to examine the defragmented creature.
- Lay it down very very clearly that under NO circumstances are the brats allowed to enter your room, and the next thing you know, your lying flat on your back coz you got in the way of reaching for the 'Sat corner' during hide-n-seek which apparently falls on a distant corner of your room.
I'm sure you can think up the rest..
---Bigger people.. as in teenage and adolescent and a whole lot of older people...---
- If they aren't supposed to be on the phone for long hours, be sure to find the extra hours spent at night on the phone on your detailed telephone bill.
- If they are encouraged against the very idea of dating, be sure to find stashed-away pics of their respective gfs or bfs.
- If smoking, sheesha, alcohol are harmful, toxic and unclean, be sure that all these have been tried atleast once.
If the person in question is THAT clean, I'm sure he/she is intrigued as hell about it and dying to give it a go.
- If Discos and late night partying is banned, the next time he/she goes for a sleep-over at a friend's.... they're headed for the next clubbing place definitely.
- If someone wants to become a biologist/astronaut/etc etc. as hell, and peer/family/relative pressure forces the poor thing to become a comp geek ( which in my opinion is the most borringest kind of work, falling just below taking call-center calls)/ or anything else thats dull and boring, he/she's definitely about to flip and try harder for the ambition classified 'cannot do' irrespective of the pressure... The reply is sure to be ,"Sod off!!" to all the trying-to-act-smart-people with their fancy advice.
I can like think of a million other reasons why doing the supposed 'undoable' gives a kick .....
I'm sure you guys can figure out the rest... ;)
As for the lot older people,,,I haven't reached there yet...
I'll be sure to continue when I do..
Fill in the blanks, and you'll realize the ultimate truth and logic behind the simple sentence at the beginning of this post.
Quintessential end-of-season blues
7 years ago

1 comments:
Wow !!! rasika .............
Post a Comment