There's something totally adddictive about riding a 2 wheeler(which in my case happens to be a scooty pep +).The feel of the wind whistling past your ears is like a drug....makes you want to let your hair loose and fly...(if theres no traffic jam at hand of course).
I remember the time I bought my ....well...gallant steed(read scooty pep+).Nearly a year ago,.. and still that day dances in front of my eyes...Not for very sentimental reasons or nostalgia..Well,not 'remembered with fondness' nostalgia at any cost.It was the day I had my 1st encounter with ...well,,what could have been a potentially disastrous accident case.I hadnt received my insurance papers as yet..or the RC book for that matter.But since my parents flew back the same day.I had the scooty and all the time in the world..Felt like the right time to seek an adventure,,and the scooty was justifiably the latest in the "ways to seek an adventure " list. And so began my 1st scooty ride.Rode on for nearly an hour or so...met up with a few friends,all the while flashing my new helmet and my 1000 watt grin..You know..being the proud owner of a brand new scooty pep+ ,.blah blah.It was scary to be out on the road all at once,without prior practise or anything,,but theres where bravado(read as false bravado) comes in...with the accompanying adrenalin rush in the quest for an exciting experience.It was difficult to ride on calmly when everyone around you was racing on at a 60+km/hr velocity..It was dead scary,when all I was effectively doing was crawling slowly at a pathetic 35km/hr through a sea of vehicles and smoke.Determined to establish myself as a firm and skillful motorist,I sped up,and following the instruction manual which said specifically not to brake at corners ,....I didnt.I flew around the corner and went crashing (well...almost went crashing,had I not remembered to brake at just the right moment;))into another family trio on a motorbike(complete with a baby).I was petrified,horrified and ...stupefied with the horror of the situation.My license was at home,I had no papers ie. no RC book,no insurance and all that.I was certain I would go to jail that day..My mind was racing,,Im not quite sure what I was thinking of....I escaped without much injuries,,thanks to my <30km/hr speed.After getting a earfull from the guy I'd collided with(amidst threats of handing me over to the nearest police station),followed by jeers and ridicule from the surrounding mob of continually increasing area for being unable to unfasten my brand new helmet,followed by a tearful performance by yours truly when I finally managed to get rid of the helmet,again followed by the 'sweet and lovely' wife's sympathy(inspite of the fact I very nearly killed her baby),I escaped unscathed....leaving out emotional turmoils.If it weren't for that nice lady,mera kya hota??
That was like my biggest panic attack till date....not that I havent had more "real" accidents...but then I always had friends to take care of matters later on....Something lik the 1st love...You cant forget it however much you want to....phew!!Just contemplating it was scary......
Quintessential end-of-season blues
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment