Monday, May 11, 2009

Condonation blues!!

The sem before this... ie. my 7th semester had me paying a 100 bucks to compensate for my lack of attendance.. I had a dismal 65% as opposed to the needed 75%. But then my great University has a provision for students whose attendance lies within the 60-75% range.. Yea!! You got that right! That's where the paying 100 bucks comes into action!! Evil devils these university guys!! Sure know how to mint money!
Anyways, I thought I had taken care of it... Filled up my "condonation" forms, payed up the money, listed the reasons (made-up of course) for the days I was missing (read : The days I happily bunked college),,, and that was the end of it. Or so I thought. Dream on girl!

Now towards the end of my 8th sem I got back my condonation form intact ( the one I'd filled earlier)... I was supposedly bloody late to submit it... But thats not all!!! I have to pay one grand as fine!! Can you bloody believe that? A 1000 bucks!!as a ****ing fine!! Again, that's not all.. I had loads of company.. Our shit-hole( read : my college) was late to submit these applications and as a result 100% (which means each and every one) of all the students to fill condonations the previous sem, now had a one grand fine on their heads.

So we thought,"Our college jacked us! So let's go fight with the princi and make him see the light. "With these noble intentions, a group of us ( read : Me, the only girl, and a 15 or so boys ; one other girl who also had the royal privilege of attendance shortage was missing during all this action) went to reason with the princi. But being the eternal asshole that he is, he refused to accept his mistake and told us to literally shove it! Or something along the same lines in malayalam. He told us that we were fully responsible for bringing this fine upon our heads and that it was upto us to pay-up and make it right.

As of now, the student party wing (which also dominates our university) has sent a petition, but nothing much has come of it. And if we don't pay-up by tomorrow, the fine will be upped to a grander amount of 5000 rupees. Guess one thou beats 5 thou any day (esp if the source is my pocket)..........

What a bloody disaster!!!!

2 comments:

Aswathi said...

wtf! tings nva change ...theyll come up wid new ways 2 mint cash! its really annoying...plz pay d 1000...and ask him 2 shove it..!tc baaiii...all dbest...c ya soooooon...

PashU

Mind-pen said...

Yoyo girl!I did that today!!a Thousand down the drain!phew!!