Wednesday, January 21, 2009

'21'-The right "marriage age"

What the hell is wrong with all these girls ?...Everyone's getting married in packs...Each time I turn around someone's getting married...Already dozens of proposals have come to my doorstep..which is surprising in itself...in the fact that I never realized that I would be at the recieving end of so many proposals..I have never thought of myself as particularly pretty or smart,,so to have so many suitors is a bit flustering.When I was in the 3rd year,my batchmate A got married.5 months later,A became pregnant.Its wierd watching a classmate,,a batchmate,,who was jollying and monkeying around a few months ago,suddenly wearing a rope size gold chain and a building size gold ring and walking around with a beach-ball tummy,constrained by the restrictions imposed by her marriage and pregnancy.Her silent suffering in class makes me want to give her parents a good shaking.Why couldnt they have waited a year more..until she completed her B.Tech??Whats the hurry???Atleast one of my close friends B got married after she completed her B.Sc.Moresoever she was expecting it for a long time,so it was no surprise that she got married when she did.Still,it was an emotionally heart wrenching moment..a realisation that one of us has married and that her life has taken a serious turn in the game of life.Other close friends,girls I would have never expected to be married any time soon are in line now.C and D are due to get engaged on the 8th of Feb.Many others are swiftly following suit.Thankfully in my case,,noone seems to be in a hurry to get me married.Well,obviously if I agree Id be in line too.I wonder if I'll be able to go through all these engagements and marriages without losing face or becoming an emotional wreck.Seriously girls,,Get a Life at 21!!!Not a husband!

2 comments:

dream2reality said...

tell me that ven ur prince charming comes and proposes 2 u rasi if u still maintain dat stand even if the one whom u vaynokified 4 4 years( u know whom i'm talking about) came and fell on his knees asking 4 ur hand, den i'll definitely b proud of u

Mind-pen said...

shutup ...dont embarass me in my blog atleast...and all this while I thought you were civilized!!hmph!